07 February 2008

it's just a joke, but...

i went to the doctor for a bit of a check-up this morning... then i went to see Sweet Anna... she said "what did he say?" I joked "I have six months to live... gotta get busy!" then she asked the question "okay, so IF you REALLY (which i don't, calm down) only had six months to live, what would you do? so, no kidding, if you only had six months to live, how would you invest those months? note I use the word invest here not spend... i would want to invest my time in people...

related to that, in a conversation with a friend about what is going on in their part of the world, we began talking about what does discipleship mean... this is a summation of that conversation:

...discipleship isn’t about information transference... its about Christ-like character development which is facilitated by Christ-centered relationships... it isn't about programs, it is about depth of friendship which has Jesus as the real uniting factor of that friendship... as Paul said to the Romans in chapter one: "I long to see you so that I may impart to you some spiritual gift to make you strong— that is, that you and I may be mutually encouraged by each other's faith." (1:11-12)

3 comments:

Laci and Keri NĂ©meth said...

First I will spank you do not scare me...

Second, it is a hard question, I I am not sure one can give a proper answer till he/she gets into that situation...
Right now I would say, I would spend all my time with those whom I love and who love me...
But for sure I would not want it to be a sad period... (Except the obvious loss of a loved one) I am going to a better place, I am going to be with the LORD... and thats a good thing... :)
Lazo von going to Heaven

Arden Campbell Czaszewicz said...

Jesus was the best model for discipleship.

Joanna said...

if you had six months to live... i would move home. thats sad dad. hmph hopefully you don't die on the airplane. hmph. see you tommorow!! :-) woowhooooo