20 February 2008

growth and depth

I’m back... this post is overdue, but I'm a bit jet lagged...
In my recent travels I observed servants of God engaging their friends in deep and meaningful conversations... I will limit myself to three observations.

In Sz I was so blessed by the worship at ICF and I was thankful to God to see two things:
first, how ICF has grown, there was a great crowd of uni students who came to worship, there were folks there from ten nations... so, so exciting to me, secondly, the team in Sz is developing as their leader has invested heavily into them and students are active in leadership of International Christian Fellowship

In Vu I was so blessed to see the sweet folks of Agape church... I love visiting these folks... but the night before, five friends invested about four hours together first around coffee and then over dinner discussing how people pour into one anther's lives... we were seeking to help a dear friend know that Jesus wishes to pour into him... depth of conversation, investing in people...

In Bp earlier, I attended a conversation among some university students and got to share how I had seen God work in the lives of young people in Kyiv... young people who were once street kids, but because of the depth of love Jesus shows through His followers, these young people were now living abundant lives of Christ-following... It was great to see the interest these men and women showed in this important issue…

Thanks be to Jesus for using these servants in these three places to bless so many as their service to God grows and deepens.

No comments: