02 February 2008

order

I was talking to a friend the other day who is an engineer; a very ordered fellow. And we talked about the necessity of keeping order in our lives... from keeping the checkbook balanced to keeping one's rooms and desk in order...

...in my daily reading, I'm now in Leviticus... each year as I journey through this book, I am struck by the fact that God has brought the nation of Israel out of Egypt and into the desert so that He can show them that He will care for them...

...and with Leviticus he shows them how to bring and keep order in their community and in the Tabernacle. During the time of the year when I read Leviticus, I am thankful. I am thankful because God has brought order to my life by bringing me out of a world of condemnation and into a life of following Him... the New Testament teaches us that the followers of Jesus are the Tabernacle now... and there should be order to our lives... many of us have even understood that this means for us daily reading of Scripture so that we may hear God words to our hearts... For me I have found that my prayer journal has clarified my prayers... reading thoughtfully crafted prayers of the ages and writing my heart to God daily brings order to my prayer... but ardour is needed too, we need the passion and feeling that walking with Jesus and being indwelt by the Holy Spirit can bring...

No comments: