10 November 2006

I just saw "The Queen" - I wouldn't again.

"The Queen" review on the BBC was okay. There was only fair acting. I would guess the casting was problematic because the two main characters: Queen Elizabeth II and Tony Blair are SO well known. When I told a friend I was going, he said I was going to see the shots of London. Well, don't go for that reason, 'cuz there aren't any. A good 1/3 of the film is news footage from Diana. Anyway, there is some character development as the PM realizes what she has been and is up against and in ERII as she struggles with the apparent rejection. I found the other royals very UNbelievable, especially the hand wringing Charles and the cold queen mum, and Philip was poorly cast and poorly played, was this actor an American? or do I watch too much BBC on PBS? Don't spend the $8, wait for the dvd, unless you are a Diana devotee who wants to see the Royals bashed on the big screen.

No comments: