24 December 2005

catchin up on some kingdom quotes: two ends of a spectrum

As I've been travelin, I've been readin... here are some quotes that have struck me From Devine...

p. 41 "When we examine the broad spectrum of Christian proclaimation and practice, we see that the only thing made essential on the right wing of theology is forgiveness of the individual's sins. On the left it is removal of social or structural evils.... What right and left have in common is that neither group lays down a coherent framework of knowledge and practical direction adequate to personal transformation toward the abundance and obedience emphasized in the New Testament, with a corresponding redemption of ordinary life.

This is such a truism, I have thought that both ends of the spectrum have been missing it, I am so pleased to see someone pointing out the problem that exists with these ends... and it would seem that those who are not on an end are so few...

No comments: